Sunday, November 05, 2006

very very conservative...



Ok, so these are the best pictures I could get of people in traditional dress without being really obvious. In the second one there's 2 girls sitting on a bench. But here is what I have been told about traditional dress from my german teacher. This is as close to her words as I can recall.
You generally see people wearing traditional dress outside of Vienna in smaller town and the country. And most of the time, but not always, but often, people who dress like that are very very conservative...(and here's where she would turn to us and whisper) Nazis. (Then she would make a hand motion as if to say "But keep that to yourself").

Cracked me up every time.
But all the same, probably wouldn't get into a political disscussion with anyone wearing traditional clothing. Even if I did speak german well enough to.

No comments: