Sunday, November 05, 2006

Down with the sickness

Oh man, did I never post a blog about this?
Basically, I got sick and missed my trip to Spain. A 20-hour train ride, followed by two days of Barcelona, followed by another 20-hour train ride from which I would have to go straight to school and probably still be late for class did not seem possible when I was nasueous and dizzy and tired an hour before I was supposed to leave. So I stayed home, got some rest, and I feel a lot better. I'm incredibly sad to have missed my trip to Spain, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Me and Michelle were having trouble with the train schedule getting there anyway. I mean, a 4 hour lay-over in Paris? Come on! It should not be that difficult to go to Spain!!
Anyway, to me this means 2 things. 1- I need to find a couple of day trips in Austria that I can take to use up my train tickets. 2- I need to go to South America. I mean, don't get me wrong I actually do like learning german, for all that I'm horrible at it. But I feel as if I shouldn't let all those years of Spanish go to waste. Anyway, if I go to South America, it won't be for awhile. I should probably pay off this trip first (and I will pay off this trip first, Mom and Dad). But still...
So, well rested, I hopefully won't have to cancel any other trips. And I am looking forward to the rest of this month. This weekend, Nick and Heather are coming!! I'm so excited to actually get visitors, and get to show people around to all my favorite places.

No comments: