Monday, November 27, 2006

Paris Day 3: In which I take lots of pictures. Again.

Once again, I was unsure if I should post all the pictures I took. I took a lot of pictures in the Orsay. And the thing is, they're not that good. I could have just written the name and artist down of all the pictures I like, but instead I just took a picture and have no clue on most of them what it's of. But, I like it that way. So really, if you want to see good pictures from the Orsay, do a google search. If you want to see a couple of the things I liked there, look at my pictures. And really, I didn't take a picture of everything I liked, because I would still be there if I did. First, I had to impose an "awe" rule. If it is only "really really good", that's not good enough. It has to leave me shocked at how good it is. Then, I had to impose a no pictures rule on myself. So really, this is just a sample of some of the things that caught my eye. And they have a purpose for me. I can use them for many things.


I did not take this pic for the stained glass. I just liked the look of the corner and the different levels you can see. There is no point in trying to take a picture of the stained glass. You can't capture it.
The floor
A pillar of the St. Louis chapel.
Floor next to the altar
The front of Notre Dame.

The area behind the altar

Just being tourists.
Norte Dame
Gargoyles



St. Louis! And, I quote, "The Latin Quarter is not the bohemian haven it once was." For those of you wanting to recreate La Boheme.

The architect is the one turned around looking at the church instead of the city.


Van Goth, at the Orsay.





Renoir
Monet - I was so excited about these. He did like 40 different paintings of the Rueon (you think I'd be able to spell that, I've been there) cathedral to capture the different lighting. They're really cool.





Degas

Nick with Van Goth
Nick with Monet

Me with Monet
Me with Van Goth




Monet
Degas










The Museum. It's huge. And amazing.



See the ghosts in the sky?
Sometimes I would just take pictures of the walls, so show how ridiculous it was that all the paintings on it were amazing.



You can see the people walking behind the clock, which is cool.










A cross section model of the Paris Opera. Yah, I'm jealous.



A model of Paris. Well, some of Paris. The part around the opera.


This picture is painted to look fuzzy and out of focus and glary- like a bad photo. Which is surprisingly hard to capture in a bad photo.
More of the opera. Jealous.
Two of the Rouen (is that right?) Cathedral series.






I love this picture because it's such a typical, rainy, fall day with construction going on in a Eupopean city. Seriously, this is what I see all the time. And someone painted it.
This is Eugene Delacroix. Far away from his stuff in the Louve.
Degas


Van Goth. Duh.




I really tried to get a picture of this, what's amazing about seeing Van Goth in real life is how thick his paint is. It gives the painting this weird 3-D effect.



This is my favorite painting!!! I could not believe it when I saw it!!! I still have a postcard of this painting hanging in my room from when I was like, 5!!


Notre Dame in the distance. You can't look in any direction in Paris without seeing about 5 landmarks.



A park where we ate and walked around in.

I love the people just sitting around, watching...the lake? The oblesque? The Arc de Triomphe?







No comments: