Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just living a normal life

I've had a very nice week so far, Opera class, Painting and The Office night with Michelle, tonight I'm going to the Ballet.
I was talking with Emily today about how nice it is to live like a normal person for 4 months.
Here's an example. Today I had a 9 am class. It's early, but even so I was able to get a good 7+ hours of sleep, and still wake up in time to eat breakfast, take a shower, and check my e-mail. This is normal, I do this every tues and thurs.
Compared with last semester. I had a 10 am class. I would take a nap in the green room (Break room backstage in a theatre) before class. Mikey, Hans, and I would take turns being the person to wake the other 2 napping. Sometimes I would wake up in time to go to Starbucks, sometimes I would be late to class because I knew going there without coffee was pointless. Sometimes I would go steal coffee and a pastry from the tours they were giving prospective students. Every other day or so there was the sad realization that a shower was probably more important at that point than a nap before class. This was normal.
One of the reasons I wanted to come to Vienna was to get away from the crazy hectic theatre schedule for a little part of my life. And it worked perfectly, because although I love my schedule here, I also cannot wait to go back. I really miss theatre, no sleep and all.

No comments: