Somehow, I had forgotten that Rigoletto is 3 acts, so the second intermission kinda surprised me. But the 3rd act was totally worth it. Wonderful.
Anyway, these are some pics, since I always talk about going.
The chandelier
The view from our seats. I use the terms seats loosely, since I always buy standing room seats.
They get a new curtain every year, and it's designed by someone different every year. There's the traditional red velvet curtain behind it, but this is their season curtain. It says "Fear eats the soul".
That strip of wall between the 2 doors in the top? That's another good place to stand.
Michelle at our seats. To get a standing room seat you wait in line for at least an hour, then you buy a ticket and go stand in the correct new line, depending on where you bought a ticket for. Then when they open the doors (standing room get in before regular ticket holders) you rush for a good seat, and mark it with a scarf. People who don't have a scarf have to use the calendar of events. Then, once your place is marked you're free to wander or sit untill the Opera starts.
My scarf. And behind it is the translation screens, which translates the opera into either english or german. The translations aren't the best, and they're very brief, and they don't translate every single thing that is said...in fact they leave out more than I would like. And you have to look completely away from the stage to read them. But, without them I would be pretty lost most of the time, so they are really great to have.


The crowds leaving.
No comments:
Post a Comment