Thursday, October 05, 2006

lost in the woods...

Yesterday me and Michelle tried to go find this park her friend told us about.
We followed her directions exactly, never found the park, and ended up hiking up two foothills trying to find it.
At least the view was pretty.
And afterwards, we went and had ice cream to celebrate my birthday. You can tell a good ice cream shop if the ice cream looks less like real food, and more like the "imaginary" food in Hook.


A building on the top of the second foothill.
I made it to the top of the hill I never meant to climb!



I hate how in pictures it's really hard to tell how steep a hill is. This path was steep!



For some reason, when I uploaded my pics to blogger, all my color correction to fix how washed out everything looked just disapeared. So imagine this tree (and many other pics to come) not washed out...


Do you see the split in the river? The part to the left, that's the river right by where I live.





St. Leopold's Church.

I don't know what this place was, but those stone things had psalms written on them (in german, but I feel as though that should be implied by now).
Do you see the mountains?!
There, in the distance...those are the begining of mountains, right?


Ok, these are the same two pics from above, but I messed with them a little. Now can you see the mountains?
See it?

The woods kinda looked fake. Seriously, it looks like the woods from Myst.
And now the trees are glowing blue. What is up with these woods?

2 comments:

tigers.pat said...

Wasn't your birthday 6 weeks ago??? I guess any excuse for ice cream, huh? :)

Littlelight said...

Ok, it's a late birthday celebration.