Monday, October 23, 2006

country-hopping

Where to begin?
I went to Budapest and Venice this weekend. In a perfect world, I would have stayed in both places for an entire weekend. But don't have the time, train days, or money for hostels. So I went to Budapest on Fri, took an overnight train to Venice, then took the overnight train home. It was great! The overnight trains worked out perfect.
So, at 4:30 on Fri morning, me and Michelle head out to catch the Strassenbahn/ U-bahn to the train station. I had a little trouble once there reserving a ticket for the train to venice (you have to reserve overnight trains, so they don't fill up, which is ridiculous because they're always the most empty trains), but I finally did it. So we're on are way.

I tried to take some pics of trains for Drew. This is basically what the one I rode in looks like.
This is what a train station should look like. Just saying.
The sunrise

The sunrise was so pretty
Michelle on the train.

No comments: