Saturday, September 30, 2006

Just another weekend...

I had a great day yesterday.
Me and Michelle went to a giant flea market where they shut down the streets of Vienna and set up stands. I think that Viennese sometimes don't really understand what a flea market is, because most of the stands sold new things. However, the winning stand was the felt one. I never knew you could make so much out of felt!! Some of the necklaces were beautiful. The hats reminded me of something a Who would wear.
Afterwards Me and Michelle bought a whole roasted chicken, and went to the MQ to have a picnic. It was actually pretty funny because they forgot to give us forks, so we were sitting behind a bush eating a whole chicken with our fingers, while all these tourists were walking around taking pictures of the museums.
And then, the best part of the day. Since elections are so soon, we wandered around the city trying to get free stuff from people campaining. And not only did we get lot of stuff, but we picked up some ice cream, and I found the german equivalent of Rocky Road!! It was amazing!! It was pure luck out of all the crazy german words I couldn't read I managed to find it, but it was so worth it.



One of the felt hats.

Who hats. Seriously, I can see Cindy Lou Who wearing this.

Our picnic.

Mmm, chicken. Also the Multivitamista juice boxes that I'm really excited I found.
After the picnic.

Natural history musuem. I know I've already posted like 5 pics of this, but I love this building more than any other building in Vienna. I'm not sure why, but I just really like it.

The remains of the dinner.

What city are we in again?I realized that I've never posted a pic I've taken of the opera, so here's one.


Another pic of the Opera.
A political rally!!! We were sooo excited to find this!! It's for the BZO, and can I just say they have really catchy theme song.
This guy was like, 20 ft from the BZO rally. We think that they had something to do with Vegan/vegetarianism.

I don't know what's going on in this display window.
The lobby of a Greek Orthodox church. It was so pretty!
Back to the BZO rally.
Stencil graffti.
Vienna's Beach.
Does Prague remind me of Vienna, or does Vienna remind me of Prague? Either way, they're very similar sometimes.
See, it's a beach. Sand!
Me and Michelle at the beach.

No comments: