Friday, September 01, 2006

bears 'n such

A word about the escalators here.
They run faster than escalators in the US. And they're usually twice as long. And when you get on them, you step to the right. The left side is for people walking up them, the right is for standing still. So it's a little creepy when you get off the ubahn to watch entire crowds of people form a single file line on the right.
But today the escalator at Kagran was broken, so it was just steps, and it was really funny because everyone still made a single file line to the right.
Today I slept in late, and then wandered around the city for awhile. It was a really pretty day out to walk around outside. It was even warm enough to wear sandels, which was exciting.
At one of the parks, there's this exhibit with all these bears painted from different countries. It was really neat. I took some pics of a few of my favorites.
Tonight I'm going to the Rathaus for the last opera, sad. It's Marriage of Figaro. I was excited because I thought it was The Barber of Seville, but it's not. Oh well, this is a good opera too.
Tomorrow I have a whole bunch of things to do while the weather is nice. Hopefully I can fit them all in.


Moldova's Bear


















Hungary's Bear


















Turkey's Bear


















Croatian Bear


















Vietnam's Bear. On it's leg is written "who doesn't love doesn't live"


















Cambodian Bear


















Bears in front of the fountain and building.














Japaneese Bear


















Some of the bears next to a truck of theatre lighting equitment.














Irish Bear


















Random pretty buildings in Vienna.
















































Pretty building


















Doesn't this look like the mideast? What are palm trees doing in Vienna?

No comments: