I went to Church at Stephansdom, and then after the best suprise ever- Free Food!!!
It was seriously like Festival of the Nations without paying. The winners:
Spain- Their omlets, both spinach and regular were amazing, and their Baklava-like triangles. These triangles were filled with walnuts, and were slightly sweeter and jucier than Baklava. It was marvleous.
Runner up: Italy, for their extraordinary pasta salad. Unfortunatly their artichoke sandwitch wasn't the best.
Loser: Hungary or Croatia? Ok, I don't know what this country was, but I only had their flags to go by. You try figuring out what Eastern European country it is just by the flag. Anyway, their bread with what I can only assume was lard on it was disgusting, and their pastries were ok...however, their coconut bread was pretty delicious.
Honorable mention: Romania, good meatballs and their olives had pits, weird but yummy.
Serbia: They had this bread we thought was hoeny with nuts, but actually was herbs and spices. After the shock of it not being sweet, it was actually really good.
After eating, I went to the History Museum, which is free on Sun, to research something for my art history class, and on the way there I came across the Green Party who had...something going on..I'm not sure what, but I got a lot of free phamplets. And the history museum was really cool, although I didn't find what I needed there, so I'll have to go somewhere tomorrow. Also, they had a really cool exhibit about the cold war and Vienna trying to build up the government after the war, but everything was in german!! So I looked at all these really interesting looking documents and pictures, but I have no clue what they were.
Well, I'm off to do my laundry.
Weird tree in the park.
The famous Otto Wagner pavillion at Karlsplatz. Viennese Art Nouveau.
Self Portrait with black Vase by Egon Schiele
I got this picture from the internet, but I saw this painting in real life, it's one of the most famous paintings in the history museum, which actually has some good artwork considering it's not an art museum. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take pictures in there, plus the lighting on the paintings was horrible.
From the museum website. This museum was really well organized and realy nice, and this room was one of my favorites. They had all the stautes and stained glass windows from Stephansdom that had been recovered. I really hate the windows in Stephansdom right now, I don't think they fit, and I wish these were still there, but a lot of them got destroyed in WWII. Anyway, it was pretty cool to get to see them all up close. Nothing is behind glass in this museum.
Another room.
Emilie Flöge by Gustav KlimtKlimt is Vienna's most famous artist, and if you've ever studied the Vienna Secession or Art Noveau, the you've probably heard of him. This was his most famous piece at the musuem today.
And this is probably his most famous piece. Adele Bloch-Bauer I, which just sold a few months ago for 135 million dollars, the most a painting has ever sold for.
It's the thing the Green Party was doing. I have no clue. It kinda looked like a restaurant, but what's with all the lights? And if you look very closely in the middle, that colored ball was a rainbow disco ball. They were hanging up everywhere inside the tent. It was weird.
Ok, this is just a general complaint. This is shampoo from home next to Shampoo I bought here. That's a normal size for both countries. Why does shampoo come in such small bottles here?
No comments:
Post a Comment