Sunday, September 03, 2006

Park time






This tree is crazy!
















This is a ginko tree, but you can't really tell unless you zoom in.
















This was really cool. It had a clock, a themometer, barometric pressure, and some other thing.

















Umm, this says to the best of my understanding, something about friendship with a Japeneese sister city.





























The prettiest bridge in the park




















Chile's Bear













Strauss Statue. One of the many, many sculptures and statues in the park, but I actually liked this one.
























Bulgaria's Bear














It says, "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be acheived by understanding."













Ukraine's Bear



















Uruguay's Bear






















Albania's Bear














Armenia's Bear























Argentina's Bear














Serbian Bear

















Sudan's Bear

















German Bear
















Sao Tome and Principe's Bear


















Saudi Arabian Bear


So, since once again it's sunday and nothing is open, I decided to spend this morning at the park.
The first park I went to was the city park, Stadtpark. I guess I was expecting something like Forest Park, but it definatly wasn't. It was very pretty, but it was closer to the botanical gardens than any park in STL. It had tons of windy, wide, asphalt walkways that were bordered by tons of benches. The wide walkways and benches were because you were not allowed to step on the lawn. If you wanted to play a game, one section of the park was concrete and you could play there. If you wanted to picnic, or sit under a tree, find a table or bench. The lawns are for decoration.
Either because no one could walk on them or vice versa, the lawns were well taken care of and there were fancy flower beds, usually in a swirly shape, all over. Also, you couldn't walk 10 ft without running into a statue of someone I've never heard of. I have no clue who all the statues are of in the park, but it's full of them. And the park is cut in half by a steam/river/canal/some type of water so there's pretty bridges at a couple palces to walk across.
After wandering around that park for awhile, I decided to go look at the bears again. I took a few more pics of some of the bears, but it probably won't be my last trip there. I really love those bears. They are painted so wonderfully, front and back. And there's so many!!

No comments: