Instead of punching, or at the very least delaying punching, I went to the West Village in search of a free haircut. Apparently Bumble and Bumble, the hair product company, has a teaching thingy they do. About once a month hairdressers from all over the country pay money to come to their salon for 3 days and learn all these fancy hair-cutting techniques from some really great hair people. I don't really know. Anyway, I applied to be a hair model. All you have to have is healthy hair down to your shoulders that fit the texture of what ever type of cut they were doing. So I came in and was evaluated for a razor bob, and they liked me (and weirdly told me I have a nice hairline and my hair smells good) so yay - free fancy-schmaney haircut!!
Umm, this place was in the meatpacking district, which is so rich and fancy looking that I only took pictures of the graffiti because I already felt really out of place. All these really nice places are in old meat warehouses...rich people are weird. Anyway, the streets were cobblestone, and this place was nestled between a Diane von Furtenberg and an Alexander McQueen store. Like I said, Fancy!I'm really digging this dancing toast.

Hey, here's before, it what I called my "half-hearted fraggle" style and Kelly would just shake her head at.So, this was really cool because like I said it was a teaching place, so it reminded me of one of my favorite things from Webster, being a makeup model. Also, for something as simple sounding as cutting your hair, and for how simple it turned out, I did not understand a word the teacher said to the girl who cut my hair. Glad she did.
Me as a makeup model:

I look pretty cute, I think.
The sun came out, so I didn't have to punch anyone.

2 comments:
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair!
It's nice to be brunette again. Blonde WAS a lot of fun, but brown hair just feels better.
Post a Comment