Not feeling so well today, antsy and unproductive and really unfocused, so I grabbed my pile 'o sketchpads and decided to head to the met museum, which is located on the edge of Central Park, in an area I've never been to. Once I got there, the chance to explore just a little bit of the park seemed like a good idea, it being so warm and all. And then I just got sucked in because it looked so much like Forest Park (no big black rocks to be seen!). And then it got even better-open grass!!! People were just sprawled out on the ground!! I quickly forgot about the Met and instead grabbed the best tree for myself and got a book out of my purse and just sat there for a loooong time.

I felt so much better afterwards. Absolutely just what I needed. If I didn't know any better I could have been in Tower Grove park doing my homework (or, on more than one occasion, falling asleep while Caitlin did her homework). I've missed being outside, and I've missed having a lawn to lay on.

Looks just like STL to me.

My mortal enemy, and the reason I was shocked to see people on the grass. These signs and fences are up all winter long.

Dry dirt!! Flowers!! No need for a coat!! Things I have missed!!





I eventually started to get cold and hungry and it was starting to get dark, so I picked myself up and walked home the scenic route.

More people laying in the grass!!


Ok, not the best picture, but not only does Caitlin own those pants that boy is wearing, I happen to be obbessed with them. They're such a great color!!

My usual corner of the park is way more crowed, which I like to think is because it's so pretty, not just because it's easy to get to.


People on grass!! Empty spaces!! I've apparently become a creepy stalker taking pictures of random people, but I just don't think I've ever been so happy for spring!!
No comments:
Post a Comment