I reference this summer a lot, but I never really talk about it, and I never put any photos up from it. Partly because I broke my camera that summer, so all of my pictures are from Caitlin. Partly because I had a lot of problems with that place. I'm glad I went there, but I'm really glad I went to New London last summer, which was an all-around better experience.
However, I had a lot of fun when not working. That's where I first met Caitlin, and we became great friends. I also hung out a lot with Tim and Dave, who recently were visiting in New York.
who promptly labeled it "Portrait of Despair". Which is why all my photos from this summer are of us not working.
So here is a very abridged version of that summer.
So here is a very abridged version of that summer.
Once after Dave made us mad we made his favorite pie and followed him around eating it all day.
I brought back corncob pipes for Tim and Caitlin after a trip home and this was the result (those cupcakes were red velvet and really yummy).
At the park on an extended lunch break one day. Best things about this park: the christmas lights on top of the caboose, the stage coach and horses for kids to play on.
This was actually on the 4th of July, but everytime it was pretty out we were all shocked. Sometimes you forget even a place like Sullivan can be really pretty. Although, I really didn't mind living in a small Illinois hick town as long as I knew it was temporary.
Bagelfest!! In past years Bagelfest had included t-shirts and bagel-related activites, this year it only included one free bagel per person and a couple of un-bagel-related rides. I think Caitlin summed it up best: "More like mild-dissapointment fest."
We had every other Monday off. You had 3 choices, you could go to Mattoon, you could go to St. Louis, or you could go out on a boat. And yes, that is Tim swimming in overalls.
Me, Caitlin, Jason, and John (an actor and an actor/director) decided to take the boat for a spin around the lake while everyone else was swimming. It was a slow getaway since none of us had ever driven a boat before. We figured it out eventually.
Umm, the restraunt next door emptied out all their greece into the alley we shared, which the actors then walked thru and got all over the stage that they were about to go tap dance on. It was a toss up if it was more funny or just awful, but it was for sure one of the grossest days of my life.
The sunrise after staying up all night to paint the floor. About halfway thru the summer I started spending more time on paint crew than electrics crew.
The sunrise on the town square as I stumbled home at 6am to take a nap before having to be at tech. Strangely, I miss nights like that.
The carnival came to town and I don't think anyone was more excited than Caitlin and I. We didn't even ride on any of the rides, just ate a lot of bad Carinval food.
I'm not gonna lie, this was one of our proudest moments. Eating foot long corndogs and funnel cake on the site where Abraham Lincoln once gave a speech.
At the end of the summer they always throw one last party that is always a mini-golf contest. We heard that they not only give out prizes to the winners in mini-golf, but also to other random things we made it our goal to go home with prizes. We actually ploted out which ones we wanted (We decided on Best Dressed for me, and after recruiting Jason Cutest Couple for Caitlin), worked on our outfits over the course of the week, and just in case, secretly talked to one of the judges. We did not want to fail. Of course we won, and my prize is that great trucker hat I'm wearing backwards. 



3 comments:
bravo!!!
Hey, a few months ago, Drew's school released balloons, and they had notes in them. People would write to the school to tellthem they found a balloon and where they lived, well anyway, they had one guy from Sullivan Ill write in casue he found a balloon. Thought that was weird.
Whoa, that is weird.
Post a Comment