Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vienna Day 6-We take it pretty easy. Again.

Nick and I, having slept in the day before, got up and showered before Caitlin and Tina even woke up. So while they were getting ready I dragged Nick down to Florisdorf, the area down the street that I loved when I lived there.

Commie graffiti

This was the cutest thing ever!!!

Umm, so I should mention, again, that Nick is an angel for putting up with me. I dragged him to my favorite grocery store. And then I made him walk up and down the aisles saying things like "This is wear I used to buy pasta." In the pasta aisle. And then I didn't even buy anything there. I waited till we got back to the dorms and bought every thing I wanted at the Penny Market right next door. Much cheaper. Anyway, by the time we got back Caitlin was ready to go. Tina was still in bed but said she'd catch up with us later.

Well, the first place we went was school so we could print out our boarding passes. Which is where we found this candy machine thing that someone jammed with a piece of plastic and Nick attempted to fix with a piece of tree bark. Needless to say, it failed. Also while at school we stopped by Karl's apt, because they ran out of dorms so he lives in a apt by school- yay webster. Anyway, he was heading out, but we made plans to stop by later that evening.



So I attempted to take Caitlin and Nick to this old coffee shop I loved, but it was way too crowded, so we wandered the area untill we found a different cafe.

We found one! It was called the Kafka Cafe and it was pretty great.




I just noticed this was the back of the Italy coin and thought it was a weird choice.


Hahahah! I love these lights.
So we wandered around Mariahilfestrasse for awhile and stopped by a couple of small Christmas Markets, nothing too exciting, untill we realized we were ridiculously hungry, so we stopped by a falafel place that Caitlin knew.

This post-inspired graffiti was in the bathrooms there. I really loved it.



Ah-ha! So THEN with some time to kill we went to Schronbrun palace. I mostly wanted to go there for Nick, since it's more of a traditional tourist spot and I felt kinda bad that both times he's been to Vienna with me I've kinda avoided those kind of places. I mean, I think he's had fun, or at least he says he has, but it still seemed nice to take him somewhere like that...


I look like Sarah in this picture.




Mmmmm, apfel strudel.

On to Karl's!!! Karl has 2 roomies, but one moved out recently and Jordan was out of town for the weekend, so Karl had 2 friends from his hometown (Las Vegas) in town staying with him, plus me and Caitlin and Nick and Tina and their friend from Vienna Annie over and cooked Chili for all of us and we all hung out and played games. It was really great.

Caitlin and Nick attempting to be gangsta.


Karl and I!

No comments: