Umm, so we clearly made it to Vienna, where I spent most of the time leading us to Caitlin's dorm room being very excited and I'm sure annoying to Nick. And then we got there and Caitlin and I were very very loud and excited together. Tina took a shower, and Nick proved himself an angel by actually putting up with us both and even having fun. Nick has met Tina and Caitlin before, but never really hung out with them that much, so he was a little worried about staying with them. I was not, I knew they'd get along great, and I was totally right. Also, while waiting for Tina so we could all go grab some food, I tried to charge my camera and ended up just forgetting it altogether, so all these pictures are from Caitlin.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
vienna day 4- First time back!
Off to Vienna-well, off to Bratislava, then Vienna. It was a long day of travel, starting at 2:30 when we had to wake up for our bus to the airport.
Nick sleeping on the bus from Bratislava. I was waaaaaaaay to excited to sleep. I tried. It didn't happen.
Random castle on a hill as we were driving.
Umm, so we clearly made it to Vienna, where I spent most of the time leading us to Caitlin's dorm room being very excited and I'm sure annoying to Nick. And then we got there and Caitlin and I were very very loud and excited together. Tina took a shower, and Nick proved himself an angel by actually putting up with us both and even having fun. Nick has met Tina and Caitlin before, but never really hung out with them that much, so he was a little worried about staying with them. I was not, I knew they'd get along great, and I was totally right. Also, while waiting for Tina so we could all go grab some food, I tried to charge my camera and ended up just forgetting it altogether, so all these pictures are from Caitlin.
Aida!!! The Starbucks of Vienna if Starbucks had really really great coffee and and awesome old 50's atmosphere. Also, Viennese coffee culture is great because they expect you to just sit around for hours. You can drink your coffee slowly and sit around and chat, and they will just completely ignore you, and you don't have to feel like you need to keep buying things. It's perfect. I love this city.
So Caitlin and I started doing impressions of each other and even switched accessories....and you really can't tell. As Tina puts it "You and Caitlin are painted from the same palette."













I thought the ballet was that night, but we got there and there was nothing that night...so we went to the Chistmas market instead.
Oh, but first we stopped by H&M to look for a jacket for Nick, where I was made fun of, probably deservedly, for my love of this color.















Oh man, I don't even like potatoes that much but these were amazing. Mostly because they were covered in chives, and sour cream, and bacon, and cheese, and butter. Also they're huge.

We hung out with Karl and some other people for a while longer, and then Caitlin, Nick, and I snuck away from them to go get Ice Cream at my old fave Eis Creme spot.




Caitlin stopped inside a McDonalds because she wanted some real food to go with the ice cream, so me and Nick amused ourselves taking pictures.


Umm, so we clearly made it to Vienna, where I spent most of the time leading us to Caitlin's dorm room being very excited and I'm sure annoying to Nick. And then we got there and Caitlin and I were very very loud and excited together. Tina took a shower, and Nick proved himself an angel by actually putting up with us both and even having fun. Nick has met Tina and Caitlin before, but never really hung out with them that much, so he was a little worried about staying with them. I was not, I knew they'd get along great, and I was totally right. Also, while waiting for Tina so we could all go grab some food, I tried to charge my camera and ended up just forgetting it altogether, so all these pictures are from Caitlin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment