After Big Ben, which took all of 10 mins, we decided to walk to Buckingham Palace because...why not? This here is Westminster Abbey, which is on the way. And by on the way I mean like 20 yards away from Parliment.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
London Day 3- We see a lot of things.
We set off on our day with the plan of seeing La Cage that night and Big Ben during the day....and that was pretty much it.











After Big Ben, which took all of 10 mins, we decided to walk to Buckingham Palace because...why not? This here is Westminster Abbey, which is on the way. And by on the way I mean like 20 yards away from Parliment.













What is this? Does anyone know? I took a picture in case anyone could tell me and Nick, our best guess was a sundial...but that seemed really poorly designed for a sundial.




Our orginal idea after this was to go to Hyde Park, but then we decided not to. Instead we got some coffee and tea and decided to change plans and go to the V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum). It ended up being the best idea ever, because by the time we headed out for there it was cloudy and drizzly and then it rained the entire time we were there, and then it cleared up real nice by the time we left. Perfect!!
My battery was dying so I didn't take many pictures here. But the V&A pretty much has....everything. This is a picture from the fashion rooms. Other rooms/wings it has include: photography, sculpture, Japan, stained glass, paintings, metalwear, ironwork, korea, tapestries, portrait miniatures, ceramics, architecture, glass, musical instrument....basically it's a museum of really cool crap. There's just stuff everywhere you look. It's pretty neat. Although some of the wings are really boring if it's not something you're intrested in, which is why Nick had in his memory kinda blocked out this place. He wanted to go here because he remembered the fashion wing and thought I'd love it, which I did. But once we got there he remembered all the things he loved about the place, so we ended up having a wonderful afternoon.



This was the silver room, which we actually only walked thru to get somewhere else, but it gives you an idea of all the stuff they have there.
They had a cold war exhibit going on, which unfortunately you had to pay to get in, but these were in the gift shop and I wanted them so bad, but just took a picture of them instead.
This was the best thing ever! It was called the Cast Courts, and it was the HUGE room full of plaster casts of all sorts of things from around the world...I don't know how to explain it any better than that. Just look at the pictures.



This was the bathroom...look at the awesome hand dryers they have in London. They're called Air Blades and you run your hands up and down thru them. I liked them. Also I love free public bathrooms that are really nice.

I got a hummus and carrot samwich. What is with London and Hummus? I mean, it's great, I just wouldn't expect it...
Pretty city. After that we just kinda walked around and took our time going back home, where we met up with Karyn and Shelly and hung out with them as they got ready to go to their play. Then we split up again and Nick and I went and saw La Cage. It was so amazing. I loved it. I love that show anyway, and it was a fantastic production of it. If you know the movie The Birdcage, La Cage is the musical version of that story.








After Big Ben, which took all of 10 mins, we decided to walk to Buckingham Palace because...why not? This here is Westminster Abbey, which is on the way. And by on the way I mean like 20 yards away from Parliment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment