Wednesday, May 06, 2009

theatre etc.

On my way to the theatre this morning I ran into another Webster Conservatory Alum in the subway. We talked for awhile, it was pretty great. I absolutely love running into people in New York because it so rarely happens to me. It's my favorite. Anyway, the people I know from Conservatory, or for that matter from theatre in general have been really great to me, and as hard as living in New York has been they have made it much easier. I don't know if I'd even still be here without them.
Back to just conservatory, what I like best is that when you see them here, it doesn't matter how well you knew them then, they will recognize you, they will talk to you, lots of times I even end up hanging out with them later. And although a lot of people are out of work now, we all try to help each other by bringing in others to jobs, hence the job I'm doing now, which started off with just one person from Webster getting a job, and now there are 4 people (myself included) helping out on it.
It's just nice to have a community of sorts. I like that the theatre world is a small one, and especially here in NYC people seem to try and look out for each other because everyone knows what it's like.
Most of my graduating class at Portfolio Review. I like that Melinda and I are on the same page.


I just love wooden ladders.

I thought this was funny, although I appreciate the recycling. Just look at all those fresh cigarettes!

No comments: