It was helping a friend out, and it was nice to design something, and it wasn't too much of a time commitment. Anyway, that's not the point.
I told Nick about this and he asked what part of town it was in. I have absolutely no clue. I guess technically it was NoHo, even though the subway stop I get off literally 2 blocks away is SoHo, but it's also within walking distance of the East Village and NYU...I cannot keep track of these NYC neighborhoods. They all run into each other!!
Anyway, it was a nice neighborhood, if a little pretentious. The type of place that doesn't have graffiti, it has street art. And not very good street art at that. Basically, it's a really nice, trendy neighborhood that annoys me to death.
Anyway, here are some pictures.

I do kinda love NYC in the spring in the rain. My favorite play is 3 Days of Rain, which takes place in April in NY and it reminds me of that. Also, when the streets smell like rain and you walk into a small grocery store full of European food you would swear you were back in Vienna.
Umm, I tried to take a picture of the theatre and this biker ended up blocking it perfectly. I did not notice untill later. Eh.
You can't really tell but it was all drizzley and foggy and this is Bleeker street. It's just like the song!
The street the theatre is on. That's a Dick Blick on the right. I managed to restrain myself...I did buy some new newsprint.
I thought this was pretty neat, you type in your address and it color codes how long it takes to get to the rest of NY on the Subway or walking. It's pretty acurate for Queens, not as much for Manhattan. Anyway, I compared Kelly and my apt, and it's crazy how much faster it is to get places from mine, even though it's only 5 blocks away. It usually takes a good 15 mins off my trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment