Did some electrician work down in SoHo the past two days (I cannot get away from that neighborhood lately). Today I was elected to go out in the rain lugging dozens of feet of rope light looking for a lighting repair shop. As I wandered lost, in the rain, ropelight slung over my shoulder, I realized that this was probably the most New York had ever felt like home. Working in theatre makes odd things seem so common. I have missed that.


SoHo in the rain.


Bonus: Kelly sent me out for lunch, and I have discovered a Japanese grocery place around the corner. I came back loaded down with Sasami chicken, cheese rolls, Pocky, Rice Candy, and some unknown brightly packaged snacks. My favorite part of the Rice Candy is what looks like plastic wrap just melts away in your mouth!

I'll admit that I was slow to try Japanese food because I don't like seafood, but it is pretty yummy. And you can't beat all the weird candy. I just want to try it all! The aisles are so bright!

I work tomorrow as well. I foresee more Sasami chicken in my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment