
The pumpkins they put in the tree-thingys on 34th street, which I sometimes walk down to get to work (a little more out of the way, but a nicer walk). So Halloween was a little weird. In fact, after years of being bombarded by Fright Fest from August-Novemember, forgetting Halloween seemed almost inpossible. However, what really reminded me was that they had to rent a fancy new fog machine for one of the parties we were doing at work ($700 to rent. To rent, not buy!!), and they were testing/playing with it in the shop, and it absolutely filled the entire floor with fog. I snapped a pic of the fog as it began to creep around into my gel area, but this really doesn't show you how much fog there is. And if there is one thing that reminds me of both Halloween and 6 Flags it's the smell of fog. (Also the smell of pop-corn trash. Like when you walk behind a movie theatre.)

So the fog inspired me to at least listen to the Chicago Cast company of the old Fright Fest show, and that was about as halloween-y as I got. (Bad idea too, the Chicago cast is AWFUL. I mean, I know it's a theme park show, but the least they could do is cast people that can actually sing.)
Ummm, this was on the way home. I just thought the whole tree-wrapped-in-corn-stalks-with-a-light-in-it-and-red-light-on-it was too funny.I did have a nice night though. The ride home was funny only because I kept forgetting it was halloween and wondering why people were dressed as a Banana or whatever. Also, Kelly showed me how to sneak onto the roof of her apt, which might be the best thing ever. I do love sitting on roofs. And you get a nice view of Manhattan. Pictures to come of that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment