Thursday, December 16, 2010

thanksgiving continued...

More Thanksgiving!


 Of all the places to eat in NYC, I took Caitlin to Qudoba.  We accidentally braved the crowds on Black Friday (we kinda had forgotten, and also we weren't going places that were typical Black Friday spots. Although I did walk by the SoHo Toys 'R Us and it's true-that store is empty!) and were in desperate need of Burrito Energy!
 I feel like I should clarify that's actually a book, not a box of Tide. 

Dressed up for Pee Wee!!
I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but Caitlin's whole reason for coming to NY was to see Pee Wee Herman on Broadway. Which we did. And it was AWESOME.

 The subway ride to Pee Wee. We were very excited. Clearly.



 Ok, next day. The great thing about Caitlin's visit is that she was cool with staying in my neighborhood. We really only went into Manhatten for 3 things: World's best fries, World's biggest used book store, and Pee Wee Herman.  Anyway, it was great, we had coffee and chilled in restaurants around my place, where they're cool with refilling your coffee and leaving you alone for hours while you talk.  We rumaged thru every discount store in a three block radius.  And I discovered some new places, like this place. It's a graffiti...place. Look, I don't really know what it is, except you have to have permission to paint on the place (and possibly in it?) and the people who do are clearly very talented.


















 The bubbles reminded me of The Muppet Movie!




 Oh Hai Manhattan.






 A) I don't know how I've been in two situations in my life involving a pinata held by a friend in a tiny apartment.
B) Nick has been there for both of them. 






It's pretty clear to me why we are all friends. Pinata love has something to do with it. 







No comments: