Yay Thanksgiving.
So, I know I've been away from home for a lot of Thanksgivings, but this was the first one I've had in a place that is my home, not to mention me cooking the food. I was pretty proud that I managed to pull it off. I know I was only cooking for three people, but still-I only set one thing on fire (and it was a wooden spoon, not food!) and everything tasted good!
I always miss my family even more on the holidays, of course. But it's nice that when I can't be with family I have a fake family, of sorts. And instead of any semblence of a kind of tradional Thanksgiving, this one was mostly weird. And wonderful.
I thought our table looked beautiful.

Nick's plate. Casserole, brussel sprouts, and fake turkey (for Caitlin but it was so yummy we all ate it).
We also had soup.
Caitlin brought the masks and pinata as presents for everyone. And some of you might recognize the amazing dress she is wearing as mine, which she borrowed for the night.
We all changed for dinner. To be fancy.
It was a good Thanksgiving.











No comments:
Post a Comment