
It's nice having a roomie I'm such good friends with.
It's nice having someone to eat breakfast and dinner with. Makes it feel more like having a family here.
Nick and I are pretty much the odd couple. But I like to think that the things we do have in common are the more essential things than being neat or messy.
We both love bread.
We both have a taste for red wine and bourbon on the rocks.
We both love Singing in the Rain.
We both love the mornings. We make coffee and eat and read together, sometimes with music, sometimes without. The mornings are lovely, especially with this beautiful 70deg weather we're having (I will save my rant about New Yorkers complaining about the heat for another day. They are still complaining about the heat.).
Basically, we're really settling in. Our apartment is coming together and I could not be more thrilled. I am still excited to come home every night and know when I walk in the door that this feels like home, this looks like somewhere I belong. It is not just any other NYC apartment, it is mine. And it looks like it.
Well, not just mine. Nick's too. I wouldn't choose to live with anyone else. We may be the odd couple, but it's so great having him here.
Right at this moment I am typing this on his computer, which he is kind enough to let me use.
I am also avoiding going to the park so he can teach me to ride a bike. It's not the bike part. It's the 20 min walk to the park and the fact that I haven't even finished one coffee yet.
Maybe I'll go after my coffee.
Or maybe not.
Two of our summer favorites: vodka tonics and oil and vinegar for dipping bread into. I'm going crazy without a toaster, but doing fine without a bed. Priorities.
I am so sick of putting together furniture. See all the cardboard that's been living in our place untill cardboard day? I just might miss it when it's gone.





















1 comment:
When are you two doing this again? I love these.
Post a Comment