Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer dayz!!

Nick is in town every weekend!! It is good times!!




We went and saw The Bacchae, which is the second show of the free NYC Shakespeare in the Park thing. It's pretty famous. Or at least in the theatre world. Anyway, we had to get there way early in the morning (there being central park) and wait in line, but we got tickets! It was really cool to see the show and be a part of all of that, it's something I've wanted to do, this particular show, however, was awful. I don't know how they managed to make one of the most intense and gruesome plays of all time boring, but they did. Too bad I could never get tickets for 12th Night (the other show they did this summer, which sold out every night. Anne Hathaway was in it.)




Lots of waiting in line.

We got to play in the park afterwards!

Nick and I in Washington Square Park on the opening night of my show.



My roomie gave me that dress cuz it didn't fit her. Isn't it pretty?

More waiting in line.




Of course Evita impressions.











Nick likes to hug trees.









We are halfway thru the 2 hour trip to Coney Island!





Do not even think about trying to eat this food. It's for display only.









If this doesn't make you hungry I don't know what will.




Yah! Look at the size of those things!!




I was trying to build a sandcastle on my stomach without looking, and Nick just walked away from me!







Waves.




I have always wanted to be silhouetted by the sea.


Nick yelled at me for standing on this wall thing. I know it looks like nothing, but the waves were crazy because of all the tropical storms. They would take out about 2 feet of sand with them when they went back out. The lifeguards were having a fit at pretty much anyone who tried to swim. It was fun!






Nick got me, for my birthday, a kind of shared gift. It's a book that we've both been wanting incredibly bad ever since we saw part of it on display at the National Gallery. Jazz by Henri Matisse. It's pretty fascinating, we spend the whole night when we got back from the beach reading it and watching Youtube videos. Matisse says "Think that all of those who have succeeded, when they remember the difficulties of their beginnings, cry with conviction: "Those were the good days." I guess he would know.

1 comment:

Sally said...

OMG!!!!! There are so many good things going on here I can't stand it!!!! AMAZING!!!