Tuesday, August 04, 2009

New York and stuff

hmmm, haven't updated from NYC in awhile....

Sunday-funday in NYC!!! Tara and I started off well, with yummy brunch, then for some reason decided that it would be fun to walk thru the park, despite all the clouds. We of course got stuck in a rainstorm, and took cover under a tree, which we failed to notice was at the bottom of a small hill. Soon we were standing in a small lake.



Really pretty once the sun came out. Plus, although soaked, we had the whole park almost to ourselves once it cleared up. Sunday-funday success!!

I love this building, it's one of my favorites in the entire city. I don't know if you can tell, but that entire side of the building is windows, and those poor people were slowly cleaning all of them.




Chelsea Piers, my latest NY obbsession. Pretty.

Haircut!

Chilling at Christine's Apt with Nick.

Christine. She just got done playing banjo for us, which means she is my new BFF. I. Love. Banjo.

Nick. He stole my camera in case you couldn't tell.

Have I mentioned these yet? They shut down some high-tourist-traffic streets and set up tables and chairs for the summer. It really doesn't make street traffic that much worse and makes walking in these areas alot nicer. Plus, more places just to relax.

Nick changing apts. I gave him some of my awesome beef jerky to make it better.

Sad.

Breakfast at Bread Co. I let Nick pick where he wanted to eat, since he is not in NYC as much, and out of all those lovely outdoor cafes in Astoria he picked Bread Co. Not that I'm complaining. I love souffles.




Watermellon tea at a bodega. Not half bad.

I expected to change when I moved to New York, but here are some things I've fallen into that I did not expect.
1) I call Bread Co. Panera. It's just a stupid battle to fight. Now I think Panera first. I'm sorry, I think they sold out changing it to Panera in the first place, but no one here knows what St. Louis Bread Co is.
2) I drink beer now. Again, it's just easier. Beer is practically a currency in NYC. You are taken out for beer on job interview, first days at jobs, meeting new people, meetings about jobs...
3) I like the Yankees. This was hard to admit. I still love the Cards first, but the Yankees do not annoy me. And their games are always on! I hate the Mets more than ever, but I find that real Yankee fans are actually pretty great. Too bad there is so many loud, obnoxious, basically fair weather friends. The yankees just haven't been bad long enough for them to kinda die down.








No comments: