Thursday, August 24, 2006

Randome ridiculously beautiful building. This city is so beautiful it's sickening. reflections on a rare new building.


St. Stephen's

Some random pretty church.

Inside St. Stephen's again. These are out of order.
Eating a lunch of Bratwurts with the other American girls. Mine was a Kasekrainer, which is filled with cheese and was amazing. Notice that they're bigger than my head. They're ginormous.




My first view of the main street when you come off the subway, or Ubahn.
Hey all!!!
First off, rumor is Robert got cut from Project Runway. Is this true?!?! Why not Vincent?!?!
Second, I guess, things are great here. The jet lag is pretty brutal when you're trying to sit through orientation. The coffee here is ridiculously strong. Me and Zena have this fishnet like contracption that we pour coffee grounds in and then pour water though, so it has like 1 second of brew time, and it literally felt like I'd been punched in the mouth by coffee. Lesson learned, always buy MILD Viennense coffee.
Slowly learning my way around the city. This city is HUGE but it doesn't feel like it because there are NO skyscrapers. So it never feels like a big city. It is also stupidly pretty, and I want to take a picture of every single building. Our district, which is considered pretty ugly and not even on most maps of Vienna, is still really pretty. I love it here. The biggest problem, everything shuts down really early here. Which doesn't really mesh with my already considerably late sleep schedule, which is considerably worse since my internal clock is still on STL time.
I'm still on Z's comp untill the computer tech comes back from leave, so hopefully I'll have internet on my computer soon. I'll put up more pics then.
Bye!!!

No comments: