I finally went to the Natural History Museum. I went for one reason:
To see this:
I was not expecting it to be so dark.
Actually I was hugely disapointed in this whale. It really was the whole reason I wanted to go, because I remember seeing pictures of this whale in one of those old national geographic books when I was little. And it was SO. DARK. What is WRONG with museums and this whole dark lighting trend?! I literally couldn't take a picture on my phone because it was too dark to register anything. And I couldn't see any details on the whale. I was so angry!
The rest of the museum was fine. I liked all the skeletons and models of the prehistoric animals, but was strangely bored by the dinosaurs. I think by then I was over skeletons, and they didn't have any models of the dinos.
![]() |
| Looks like Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas! |
![]() |
| I really liked all the wire outlines. |
| I'm a t-rex. |
![]() |
| I liked him. Weird looking but cute. |
| Best mural EVER! |
![]() |
| The title of this giant diorama was "Old New York". Uh, it's so awful and un-PC I laughed out loud when I saw it. |
![]() |
They had an exhibit of old medical paintings from Tibet that I was really excited to see. It was pretty cool. Also, I was getting sick of dead animals and bones, which is usually not something I say. Also, the Tibet space was a quiet space, which was really nice. NHM on a Sunday is pretty loud.
All in all, it was a nice museum.












No comments:
Post a Comment