SHEEP!
 |
| Sad, broken sheep |
Times Square is putting up artwork. I'm not too sure why, but they're putting sculptures up in some of the pedestrian only spaces (which have been there long enough that I now take them for granted, but they are still the best thing ever that make walking through Times Square not such a horrible pain).
I read about one, and it actually sounded really interesting. Some artist made some sheep sculptures out of all organic paper mache. The artist's statement said he wanted to add something soft and organic to Times Square, and also they are supposed to add a calming effect to such a hectic urban area. Think counting sheep to sleep.
There's also something kinda funny about a herd of sheep in this giant mob of people.
 |
| I'm a wolf. Or, a leopard. |
 |
| Nick said this is the most normal picture I've ever taken. Which is pretty funny. |
I wanted to go see them, and I'm not really sure why. I really liked them! I like all the ideas behind making these sheep especially for this area, and the sheep themselves were super cute in a kinda deconstructed way.
 |
| I think the accidental girl in this picture is pretty funny. |
 |
| I think this sculpture is bad. |
They also had other sculptures. I thought they were...bad. Just...I tried not to be rude (ok, I didn't try that hard considering the pictures I took in front of them), but they were hilariously awful. I know that not everyone would like the sheep, and maybe some people think they are awful and these sculptures are great. And maybe some people hate them all. Whatever. Me personally, I hated all the other ones. Here's a small sampling.
 |
| Trying to smile in front of the giant...otter-mouse? |
 |
| I know you can't see the detail, but it's a picture of a close up of what appears to be concrete pasted on with what appears to be a hot-glue like substance. And I think someone got paid for this. |
On a brighter note, you might have noticed my love of pictures of public bathrooms. Well, here is the cleanest, nicest, public bathrooms I have ever seen. And they are in the middle of NYC (in Herald's Square to be exact). And they are free (take that Europe!).
 |
| The ceiling. |
No comments:
Post a Comment