It's crazy that I've been in NYC long enough that seasons are repeating. It smells like summer in the city. I don't know if I can ever describe how much I love my neighborhood when the weather is nice. In the morning it's so pretty, with the trees and flowers, and birds singing, it doesn't even feel like NYC untill you hit the main streets. At night everyone lounges on their stoops to catch the 75deg breezes. Little kids play ball, the steets smell like fruit from the hooka bars, people sing songs in all different languages. All the sidewalks are extra large, in residental areas this means kids have room to play, in commercial areas restraunts take down their walls and spill over onto the sidewalk.
Thursday, May 06, 2010
It's crazy that I've been in NYC long enough that seasons are repeating. It smells like summer in the city. I don't know if I can ever describe how much I love my neighborhood when the weather is nice. In the morning it's so pretty, with the trees and flowers, and birds singing, it doesn't even feel like NYC untill you hit the main streets. At night everyone lounges on their stoops to catch the 75deg breezes. Little kids play ball, the steets smell like fruit from the hooka bars, people sing songs in all different languages. All the sidewalks are extra large, in residental areas this means kids have room to play, in commercial areas restraunts take down their walls and spill over onto the sidewalk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment