Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow plows!

Mimi told me Austin and Drew were curious if they had actual snow plows in NYC, or if they just attached the plow blade to other trucks, mainly trash trucks. Well, just as I was coming out of the laundromat today I saw some heading down the street and ran to catch up with them. They're not the best pictures, but here's what I found:




So in case you can't tell from the pictures, the first one is a trash truck with a plow blade attached to the front, and the second is a real snow plow, sprinkling salt and everything. What they were doing in Astoria on this sunny morning is a mystery, but at least now I know they DO use trash trucks. Austin and Drew are so wise.


New York consistently has the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen. I tried to take some pictures at work the other day, but it's hard to tell. All those smudgey looking things are snowflakes, not dirt.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Yah! So they DO use the trash trucks! That's so exciting!