Tuesday, June 30, 2009
DC with Nick, day 2
My second and last day in DC started out beautiful. Not too hot, nice and sunny.
Nick bought me this umbrella. Isn't it great? (Nick: For my birthday present you're taking me out to dinner. Me: Ok, but you should buy me a present. And he did! Nick is so great!)

We goofed around in his apt for a few hours, he had a meeting to go to but didn't know when (whenever his boss felt like it) or how long it would last. Finally he all but kicked me out the door with instructions to go to the art museum, he would catch up soon. And he did. It was an unexpected surprise to me that I got to see him at all on this day, due to my work schedule I had missed his day off (and his birthday. Nick upon first seeing me "You know you're a day late, right?") and him even having just the afternoon off to spend with me was wonderful.
Light tunnel!! This is the passage from one art institute to the other, and where Nick finally caught up with me, about 45 mins later.








After that museum it was off to a picnic lunch of sandwiches on the mall, then a stroll to the fancy government buildings I hadn't seen yet.










Walking around with this umbrella I think we just looked like some badly organized protest for gay rights.

We went into the Library. It was very pretty and I'm very jealous of all the books. They also had a cool thing where they actually re-created Thomas Jefferson's actual library, all his books and everything.





After all that walking we were tired, so we got some coffee (those buildings are very far apart!) and by then it was time for Nick to go. Sad. So I went to a few museums by myself then caught the next Chinatown bus out of town.



My wax lips from Vienna are still with me! They live in my backpack...they are getting pretty gross...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment