So, before meeting up with Nick I did go spend some time at Teresa and Mark's house. It was a whole lot of fun, so it's unfortunate I did not take any pictures, but it at least deserves a mention. They live in what appears to me as a tiny army town, complete with grocery stores and guards who scan your ID when you enter the grounds. It was a little weird, but actually a really lovely place. Mark cooked dinner (grilled burgers, corn on the cob, and pasta salad) while I caught up with Teresa and played with her dogs. They built an obstacle course for them, and seriously, you should see them jump. It's crazy!! Also, I could not be more excited about grilled food and Schlafly beer. It was sooooo great! The food was delicious. I stayed maybe a little too long, and was a little late for meeting up with Nick (ok, a little late to the show he got me tickets for, but I still made it!) but I do not regret it. I loved every min and was incredibly happy I got to stop by.
I went from there to the show that Nick is working on. It was pretty good. A straight play, I prefer musicals (it starred Valerie Harper, if you know who that is. I didn't. I've never watched the Mary Tyler Moore Show though.). My timing was perfect though because I missed all the rain while in the show. Yay!
So after the show, I finally get to spend some time with Nick and we decided to walk the Mall at night.

This picture is just screaming to be a "welcome to DC"postcard.











Sillouettes and lightboxes are two of our favorite things!























I love this picture!!




Nick was not as amused by the previous pic as I was.





Asking Mr. Lincoln a question. That is what you're supposed to do, right?

There was just the right amount of people out. Enough so that we felt safe and like it was ok to be there, not as many as during the day so you could actually get good pictures. Also, there was some wicked lighting going on! I couldn't get a picture of it. No rain though.




Together again!
No comments:
Post a Comment