Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Queens Park, Flushing

Went to Flushing the other day for a job interview and wandered around the park.
This is a weird park, it's got a lot of random things left in it from the World's Fair in NY. Needless to say, I love it.

How great is that? I espeically love how empty fountains become skate parks. Also, the scale is kinda skewed, but that globe is huge.

So many flowers everywhere! Spring here is really pretty, I'll give them that.







I don't know what tree this is, but it's everywhere!

See? The red and green is everywhere you turn!

You have to walk on a bridge over a train yard to get to this park.

And this is the bridge where my interview took place. The door I had to "bang really hard, someone'll hear ya" to get into is on the left, hidden in the shadows.

Hey, remember that time I had to go to a job interview right across the street from the new Mets' Stadium on opening day. In a brand new stadium. Yah.


I actually turned down tickets to a Mets' game the other day. I love baseball, I just think it would break my heart if the only baseball game I got to go to this summer was a Mets game. I'd rather go to none.



My dad has mad tea packing skillz, y'all.

No comments: