I love Astoria. New York is not my favorite city ever, but I am slowly growing to love Astoria despite myself. It is safe, close to Manhattan (a lot of times I can get places quicker from Astoria than from a different location in Manhattan), full of good food and interesting shops. the trains in Astoria run above ground! It's hard to me to explain what I love so much about it, but here are a few things.
Above ground trains. Especially at sunset, there is no better view of the city than riding on the train. I'm convinced at least.





A local shop sells these necklaces.
There is so much to love about this neighborhood. I went outside the other night and sat on my curb to talk on the phone, thinking nothing of it. Even though it was midnight my neighbors were out doing the same. I'm not sure I would do that in any other part of New York. I know a lot of my neighbors and talk to them, or at least say hi. There are so many interesting shops around all run by people who love living here too and want to make it a great place to be. And there's so much to do, I found a tea shop the other day and I want to check out, and there's a famous Czech Beer Garden that I'm pretty excited to go to, and those are just the things I know of. So far, my biggest complaint about Astoria is that I wish there were more parks.
Manhattan is nice enough in places, and there is a lot to do, but I just can't imagine living there. Astoria feels much more like a home.
Manhattan is nice enough in places, and there is a lot to do, but I just can't imagine living there. Astoria feels much more like a home.



No comments:
Post a Comment