Sunday, October 26, 2008

New York!!

Things I like about New York:
You can walk down the street eating your breakfast and it's totally normal.
You can stand around on the subways reading a book and it's totally normal.
You get a chance to read while riding the subways.
Cheap coffee.
Pom Frittes, possibly the most amazing food in the world. You can only have them every once in awhile because they're horrible for you. Also, Kelly and I have a theory that if they didn't run out you would eat yourself to death. You just keep eating them even when you're no longer hungry! (they are these huge potatoe slices with 45 different dipping sauces to choose from, but that description is really not doing them justice. My favorite sauces include: Vietmanese Pineapple, Lemon Dill Mayo, and Peanut Satay. Kelly's are Pesto Mayo, Mango Chutney, and Honey Mustard. So good!)


Anyway, New York is going fine. So far I really like my job and the people I work with. I work 8-10 hours a day, everyday. So, it's going really great. I'll post more details on it later. Here are some pics I took on my phone at/around work.

The view from the window of our shop.
The shop, as viewed from my gel corner.
The view from my window. Mostly the back of a billboard, but there's a little sky up top, plus sunshine gets in. Also birds live behind the billboard.
The shop boys left this for me on my desk. I do love a nerdy lighting joke.
More of the shop from my corner.
The gel area. More clean than when I first got there, less clean than it is now. I'm slowly organizing it. Those coffee cups are all me, however.
The view at night as I walk to my subway stop. (I work right down the street from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.)
The Empire State Building, as seen from my subway stop.
Haha, this is the first thing you see when you get off the subway at my stop. An awesomely tacky wig shop. I consider things like this the one of the perks of living here.
This is a block away from where I work, right next to the deli/coffee shop/grocery store thing that you'll find all over the place in NY. That's the Empire State Building down the street.
Yah! I work under a giant HSM sign! But that billboard you can't see with the lights on it? That's the one that blocks my view!!
The street in front of my building.

So, that's the update for now. New York is not and never has been my favorite city, but I'm growing to love parts of it. More updates on work and such later.

No comments: