Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pics from Godspell

Photocall from Godspell was yesterday, so I thought I'd post some of the pics from it. Funny thing about these pictures, taking them was the first time I've ever seen the show from the audience perspective, which making designing the lights very...interesting. There's many reasons for that, none of which I really want to get into right now. (I never want to talk about work on this blog because I'm living, breathing, eating, constantly immersed in work. I just never feel like taking the time to explain something that's such a constant in my life. Maybe someday later.) Did I ever explain that they have a pretty strong connection to Godspell here because Stephan Schwartz, the guy who wrote it, used to work here. (He also wrote Wicked, Children of Eden, Pippin, Working and some Disney stuff) (And Larua Linney used to work here, which I thought was cool.) So, Godspell:



Prolouge


Prepare Ye
God Save the People

Same song, but notice the girl right in the middle with her arms out? Yah, that's my character. The costume designer actually based her on me. She's the "artsy urban" girl, which I don't know if that describes me, but still very cool. The costume shop actually made a replica of a shirt I own/made, and she is wearing my barrets, nailpolish (I'm very famous for my green nail polish here, which I found weird) and my necklace. I think as a whole I would never wear that outfit, but I can see pieces of me in it.

O Bless the Lord My Soul, my favorite song of this particular production.

Some parable

My favorite song from this show in general: All For the Best


Finale

Last supper...these are not in exact order.

Pharisee. I really wish that digital cameras picked up theatrical lighting a little better, the color is just a little off and it drives me crazy.

These I actually took from the booth during the show because I love this cue so much. Again, I wish the camera actually picked up the color a little better, becuase you can only barely see the blues and reds on the floor, but with all the people "rapping" it reminds me of the New Mickey Mouse Club, or some 80's Saturday Morning show.

This is the view I see from the light booth. Very different.So that was Godspell, and now onto Evita. I'm actually listening to Evita right now, for many reasons. One, the version I had Nick mail me is amazing (The new London cast if you're interested. The Evita is amazing and actually Agentinian and they re-tooled the music just a bit to make it sound actually Latino), two I'm trying to learn the music, and three because I'm sick of wearing headphones and I feel it's justified to blare this.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Looks just like our 8th grade production of Godspell!!! Do you remember that Lauren? I think you were 5....

Well anyway, the songs were the same... :)
-Mimi