Wednesday, January 05, 2011

colorado!

So we made it to Colorado.


A lot of my time in Colorado was spent in Denver, most of which I'm going to skip over. I will say though, that I've never spent much time in the actual city of Denver that I remember, and I really loved it. It was a fun, clean city with a lot of interesting places. 

We went and found a place to hike. We wanted to watch the sun set over the mountains. But then we realized we couldn't watch the whole thing because then we'd have to hike back in the dark.
Already tired and you can still see the parking lot. 

















Normal picture! We take these from time to time. It always looks a little weird. 




Rocky Mountain National Park!!! I remember EVERYTHING!! I was not expecting that, but everything was familar and it just felt wonderful to be back! I remember every place to pull over, the mountains looked the same, even the Mile Above Sea Level sign was there, although I failed to get a picture. 
In fact, everything was so as I remembered it that it felt really weird to be there without my family. 

















In true form, we dressed entirely inappropriately for the cold up on top of those mountains. This is the point where Caitlin left me to go sit in the warm car while I stayed to take pictures of rocks. 


But they were really pretty rocks. 



















We didn't know it yet, but that's a forest fire on the horizon.

The colors were so BRIGHT!!

No comments: