Melk was indeed better than Salzburg. The Salzburg that I did not even post about. My trip to Salzburg was a lot of fun, but the city itself...I liked Melk better.
Basically, in a nutshell, I went to Salzburg on Sat. It was raining/sleeting, and a heavy fog rolled in, so heavy I couldn't see the mountains. What is there to do in Salzburg if you can't go to the mountains? Well, for me, I played in a playground for a good hour, then did some grocery shopping (well the stores would have been closed by the time I got home!) then came back to Vienna. It was actually a really fun day though. I got to see the mountains before the insane fog rolled in (though surprisingly, I took no pictures. Also, I debated putting this joke in, because no one will get it/think its funny but... The fog was like R100, or as Forest Park calls it, a 50 degree. Ha ha! Oh, it never stops being funny...) and I actually really enjoyed the train ride. I mean, I had Manner and Christmas cookies, I listened to my ipod, wrote in my travel journal, and got to watch the sun both rise and set on the alps. It was a good day.
I went to Melk on Mon. If you like tiny, foggy, German-equse towns, Melk is for you. I had a fabulous time in Melk.
Oh yah, that day in between, I had fun on Sun, went to the Prater and Prater Museum and Michelle's favorite park.
And now, I'm studying, packing, saying goodbye to all the people I was finally starting to make friends with, and generally trying to see everything I love here one last time.
So, no pics today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment